Impeccable Leadership gives access to the hidden ability of the collective.
It gives access to the ability of a social relative context to shape its future in an innovative, successful and healthy way. The fundamental starting points of “involving others in the realization of goals”, “developing from fragmentation to unity” and “the importance of the inner process” enable a journey in which a social relative context develops from a dominance hierarchy into a community of excellence. This is a change-over from power to authority. Authority is defined as accepted power. Leadership with authority is a critical success factor for any organization. There’s a lot of empirical evidence fot that. And beside that there’s a wealth of research that illustrates the importance of leadership, such as:
- “Behaviour, culture and other ‘soft’ skills are essential for success”. Source: McKinsey’s research on @@@
- “The atmosphere in an organization contributes between 20 and 30 percent to company results. Between 50 and 70 percent of how employees appreciate the atmosphere in an organization is defined by the behaviour of leadership.” Source: “The New Leaders”, Daniel Goleman, Richard Boyatzis and Annie McKee
- “The secret of the most exceptional organizational cultures with the highest productivity is the ability to maintain constructive communication when topics become emotionally charged.” Source: Stanford University
- “There’s a direct link between the financial performance of organizations and their leadership, and leaders need to have the ability to inspire and give meaning to work based on a strong vision.” Source: yearly international research “Best Company for Leadership” by Hay Group among 2.300 organizations globally.
Conclusions that can be drawn from this:
- Organizations perform 20 to 30 percent better if contact between people and the general atmosphere is good
- Companies with strong leadership have a 40 percent bigger chance of success
- Leadership has an incredibly strong influence on the general atmosphere and therefore on team performance
- It is paramount to know what the team is asking for and needs.